The mission of the Oakland Film Society is to improve the MENTAL, PHYSICAL & SPIRITUAL health of the DIVERSE POPULATIONS of THE EAST BAY THRU INSPIRING FILMS.
1. Support young/new filmmakers with telling their stories.
2. To increase awareness of the many careers related to the film industry.
3. To enhance the image of Oakland within Oakland.
4. To utilize The Oakland International Film Festival to showcase Independent films made by Oakland filmmakers and filmmakers from around the world.
5. Create jobs for local residents in the film industry.
6. To build a Healthy Oakland!